A little bit of everything! - Fashion/beauty/lifestyle/travel!

Sunday, 12 June 2016

My glasses

Hey there guys.
I hope you have all had a lovely week and weekend so far. If you live in the UK what is this weather about, may somebody please explain? Sunny one week, rain the next! Lets hope our Summer hasn't ended here. This goes on to explain why I cannot get any photos on location this weekend, so I came up with the idea to do my hair, do my makeup and show you guys my collection of glasses!

Background history

I had glasses when I was younger. As I grew older, my vision was fine. Until around five years ago when I needed glasses for the distance as I am short sighted. Then around two years ago, I found out I needed glasses full time. I was thrilled! I actually love glasses, I feel they are an extra accessory to my face and feel they finish my face off. When I take them off now, I feel incomplete!

How do I choose my glasses?

Choosing glasses can always be a tough choice. It most definitely is for me, I spend hours talking to the staff about which ones suit me best, and always need my mum there to help me choose!! (Tip; I always tend to choose which suits my hair colour, eye colour and the type of clothes I wear).

Anyway.. I wanted to show you guys my collection of glasses all from Specsavers. Specsavers also have an app on the app store on Iphone and Androids, and you can take a picture of yourself and try the glasses on through this. I buy new glasses even when my prescription doesn't change as I feel my glasses should match my outfits, strange right?! 

Here they are...

Starting with this pair of beauties, they are my oldest ones which I still wear. These are a brown Specsavers frame, they are tortoise shell colour. I love these as I feel they are my biggest ones in terms of frames and they really give that 'geek chic' touch to an outfit (which if you know me, you know this is my kinda look ;)). 



My next glasses are from the Max&co range (which is such a fab brand with plenty selection), I feel these are very classy and work well with black outfits and remind me of the cateye vintage look.



Moving onto another pair of Max&co glasses. They are very similar to my first ones, however are a thicker frame and look great with neutral make up and clothes and I feel are great for the sunnier days.



These next two are my most recent pairs, with my correct current prescription. I picked another pair of glasses from the Specsavers range, and these are a blue frame, with speckles of different shades in, I like to called them my 'ocean' glasses as when the light hits them they give off some incredible colours which I feel resemble the ocean (cheesy I know haha). I must say I have had the most compliments with these glasses and they may be my fave. I then had always wanted some Hugo Boss ones.. These were on offer as they were the last pair but I loved the colour of them, I feel these don't suit my shape of my face as much as the others but the fact they are Hugo Boss wins for me. 






Specsavers tortiose shell frame (similar to the ones I have), £25, Specsavers
Max&Co 01 (brown), £149, Specsavers 
Max & Co 03, (similar to the black ones I have), £149, Specsavers
Specsavers Athena (blue) glasses, £69, Specsavers
Hugo boss, (similar to the pink ones I have), £125, Specsavers

Can I just mention aswell that they are not as expensive as they seem! As they mainly have offers on such as two for one if over £69. Click here for the page of offers. 

So what did you guys think of this type of post?
Also which glasses are your fave? Please say in the comments!
Thanks!
Tash xx 

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. You have such a great collection of glasses and I love them all, there are some super cute and chic pairs and they all look so gorgeous on you! I think the 'ocean' pair or the tortoise ones you showed first are probably my favourites. And by the way your make up is looking gorgeous too! I'm also pretty sure I'm wearing the same choker as you right now but in black from Asos. Great post (as always), Katie xx

    www.thestyleblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments gorgeous.. so glad you like them. XXXX

      Delete
  2. I only have one pair of French Connection ones left because the dog chewed my other pair. I love your collection though, they all really suit you.

    Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm so glad you like them! I wouldn't mind a pair of French connection ones myself (will have a look)! Luckily my dogs aren't interested in mine! xxx

      Delete
  3. Simona loved this read! I don't wear glasses, thank you mom and dad for perfect vision, but Simona has been with poor vision since her young teens. Awesome blog!

    www.sistertalessite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So lucky not to need glasses! Xxx

      Delete
  4. Wanted to tell your readers how awesome my eye doctor is. After getting home and seeing a unique pair of glasses on the Web, I returned the next day only to see they did have them in stock. My doctor removed my lenses and placed them inside the new frames free of charge. I rave all the time now about that office.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig