A little bit of everything! - Fashion/beauty/lifestyle/travel!

Saturday, 13 August 2016

Our amazing adventure in the big NY

New York

Hey guys! I have just been to NEW YORK!, yes New York! I am so excited by this and had such an amazing time, I would love to share this with you guys, discussing the food, shopping, and the general sight seeing what we did while we were there. - my feet are still sore from the walking! and I am still completely jet lagged. It was the furthest away I've ever been away from home and being 5 hours behind British time, I am finding myself still awake at 2am lol. Anyway, lets just get straight into it...

The beautiful sights 


Starting with the view of wonderful Times Square from our hotel.

We stayed at the wonderful 'Novotel' and it was such a brill hotel, like honestly, the staff were so helpful providing us with a map and telling us where the fabulous places were, the first question I asked was 'where is the closest Dunkin' Donuts - haha?!'



 A classic yellow taxi shot, we also got in a yellow cab and it was such an amazing experience, our driver was telling us about the surroundings and was super friendly. 




Rockefeller Center and Empire State

We went to here first, as soon as we got there. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but we had already prebooked our tickets, therefore got in pretty quick and was guided into a lift which was the fastest and most interesting lift experience for me with a little production of information about the Rockefeller center. We then got to the top and was able to go into two different sections which I thought was good, as this gave us the opportunity to look around all of New York. This being the photo I took of the Empire State, luckily enough the photo doesn't show the glass panes which are there. 

There were also gorgeous views from the Empire State too, we went to see this at night and highly recommended. 



Central Park

I think Central Park was my favourite place in New York, such a gorgeous green place. Full of flowers, dogs and families - making it a very peaceful and quiet area of New York. Whilst we were there, we went to see the bridge from Home Alone and we rowed a boat which was a really good price of $15 and $20 deposit which you get back at the end. This gave us an hour's chance to row around the lake, such a lovely experience, even if I was rubbish at it haha. 




Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island

It was super exciting to see the Statue of Liberty for me, as I was aware we got to go on a Ferry to get there and this is something I love to do on holiday. The ferry didn't take too long, it was super busy though, but this is likely. On the way to the beautiful lady, you get the most stunning views of the Manhattan skyline which is so photogenic and I got the most perfect photos here. 

When we got there we had a walk around the Statue and around the grounds which was a lovely experience. You got as much time as you needed there and then hopped on the next ferry back and they are quite frequent. We had some lunch, and then popped back on the ferry to Ellis Island, where we visited the Immigration Museum, full of history. 





To get the photographs above, we got on one of the hop on and hop off bus tours which cost $54. This was definitely worth it, as I got them shots I wasn't able to get on foot. As it is such a busy city, it is hard to stop in the middle of the street to get the perfect shot, so I used this opportunity well to get any shots I wanted. You can choose several tours and we chose the Downtown tour and it took 2 hours to do a full loop with a lovely driver and tour guide talking us through, we used the headphones to listen.

Broadway show - Matilda


This was most definitely one of my favourite memories from New York. This was absolutely amazing, the show was done extremely well and the cast and crew did an amazing, I don't want to give too much away at reviewing this if you haven't seen it yet, but if you like the film you will LOVE the show. :-)
Food

Brooklyn Diner





This diner has the whole 'diner' theme and looks just how you expect an American Diner to look - it has a lot of authentic foods in a diner style way. I chose the classic hamburger meal which was quite yummy, with real potato fresh chips and a pudding afterwards a cinnamon chocolate roll.

Shake Shack

MMM, this was yummy, I got a chicken shack burger and some fries with a cheese sauce. This was my favourite meal and was at such a reasonable cheap price. 

Angelo's Pizza




We love pizza and have to try it everywhere we go, lol! This was gorgeous, a wide range selection of pizzas and you can add you toppings. I got a ham and mushroom pizza and it was on such a gorgeous crisp dough, all baked in a coal oven which gives it an individual taste.

$0.99 Pizza

Honestly, we found the most cheapest but yet delicious pizza takeaway around the corner from our hotel. I definitely recommend this place if you fancy a quick bite to eat and would wanna save some dollars.

Ellen's Stardust Diner



This was my most fave diner experience ever. The waiters and waitress staff actually sing while you eat. It is so fun and so vibrant to be in there. Although, we went for breakfast, as for dinner/tea it is so busy the queue is down the street, so definitely book beforehand if you would like to go for dinner. 

Shopping




I went shopping at also Mac and Forever 21. I absolutely loved these shops, they were so absolutely huge and reasonably priced too!

So, there we have it, hope you enjoyed my photos and reviews, I know we definitely enjoyed the experience - an experience of a lifetime.

Thank you for reading and I would love to hear if you have been to New York, what did you do?
Love
Tash xx




SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Aww hun I loved this!! It sounds like you had the best time and you got some amazing photos. I'm dying to visit New York and you were able to do so many things in your time there that I would love to do. Made me laugh about the dunkin donuts lol, i would have wanted to know that too haha, priorities! Central park looks so beautiful too and I love that you got to spend some time there. I really enjoyed reading all of this and there are definitely places I'll be making sure I visit when I do eventually get to go. Great post! Katie xx

    www.thestyleblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I really appreciate it. -and yes course I asked about the donuts haha glad you would do this as well. Thanks again lovely xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post. New York is one of my favourite places. I visited there last year when I went to live in America for a few months. I plan to go back next summer.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosa. So glad you liked my post. Wow that's Amazin you lived there I bet you loved it! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Love this, you got some great photos! All of the food especially looks amazing. Sounds like you had an amazing time, definitely a place I'd love to visit one day x

    heart-autumn.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so glad you like my
      Photos lovely . Haha the food was good I could eat all them meals right now or maybe not all haha. You should defo go if you have the chance xxx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely read! looks like you had an incredible time out there, thanks for sharing!! beautiful shots too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment I'm so glad you liked my photography! Xx

      Delete
  5. If this post didn't make me wanna drop everything and fly to New York right away I don't know what will haha! Those photos from Central Park look incredible Tasha!
    And the food you ate is making my diet 10 times harder lol!
    Hope you had a fabulous time and you're not missing it too much.

    Imogen // www.miniaturemilk.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment lovely . Haha that made me laugh you'll definitely have to go if you haven't already. So glad you liked my photos. Thank you again xxx

      Delete
  6. Such a great post! It's my ultimate dream to go to New York, so I loved reading about all of the fab things you did and saw! Looks like you had an amazing time, the photos are incredible!

    smallbrownandstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much you'll definitely have to go if you have the chance.
      XXXX

      Delete
  7. eek looked like you had a fab time! slightly jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds and looks like you had such a wonderful time!!! The food looks absolutely delish, I want burgers and pizza now! Loved all over your pictures darling, you've given me a serious case of wanderlust! Hope you've finally managed to get over the jet lag! Jet lag is the worst isn't it?! You'll have to go and visit Australia one day lovely, now that is far away ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your lovely comment, Emma! Haha I know I keep dreaming of these meals every night wishing I could go back to eat them haha. I'm jus about over the jet lag after a week of being back home and I would absolutely love to go Australia now that would test my jet lagness lol!
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading this I could demolish Dunkin Donuts 😝 Great read and happy to see that you had such an unforgettable experience! Can't wait for us to visit one day X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for you lovely comment xxxxx

      Delete
  11. Looks amazing I would love to visit New York ! Xoxo
    www.katescloset.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much you'll defo have to go xxxx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig